I forwarded the whole of the email DH received, but I don't know if hitting the hash key in the UK will do anything. There's a big campaign going on at the moment about 'silent calls'. Telemarketing companies are alowed 10% silent calls, ie theyir computer dials a more numbers than they have telemarketeers to deal with. If there isn't one to speak to you, the call remains silent. A company called 'Kytchens Direct' ius under investiugation for exceeding the 10%, and the campaign is to reduce the percentage allowed if not stop them altogether.

192.com combines the electoral register and the phone book, which they sell and make available on line for a fee. The entry for DH and I should have no telephone number listed because our number's not listed. We live at 46 and FIL (obviously with the same surname) lives at 38 in the same street. His number is listed. The clever, intelligent people at 192.com have decided to list his number against both him and us,l so he gets telemarketing calls intended for us as well as those intended for him. Obviously the Chinese, who type up these lists for 192.com, think it's normal for two different addresses to have the same phone number. I did try point it out to192.com, but they say they can't change it unless both DH and I separately fill in a form to remove the phone number from the entry they've made for us. (You can have your entry removed totally by filling in this form.) But we decided not to bother - junk mail I send back, and I don't care if FIL gets telemarketing phone calls on our behalf because he's deaf and doesn't hear the phone ring anyway and it stops the telemarketeers bothering someone else while they're trying to get hold of him.

Jean in Poole