As an instructor in the USA Community College system, I can understand this
bit.
Most classes have a minimum number of students necessary to make the class
bread even financially.  I know for the jewelry classes I have taught this is
usually 6-8 students.  Therefore if only 2-4 sign up the class will still be
canceled (unless I agree to teach for a lesser compensation).  It sounds like
they are promising to compensate those 2-4 that did register.

Lorri
   'Guaranteed Programme' for Autumn
  2005".  Because of intensive market research about the demand for classes
they
  are able to make the following pledge:-

  "Our brochure (and website) will feature courses starting in the Autumn
  making it possible to make a 'no cancellations' promise.  If for any reason
we are
  forced to cancel a class there will be automatic compensation for anyone
  already enrolled."