Liz writes
>We have 2 ladies honourd here in Oz, with the Oz version - The Order of
Australia.  Rosemary Shepherd, and Norah Benopath(?)

The lady's name is Norma Benporath, an expert in tatting.
She was one of the most prolific designers of tatting ever,
and her stuff continued to be published during WWII for
the morale of the women at home - a special paper
allocation was made during wartime so her leaflet style
book could be printed.   The hard cover book "Every
Woman's Complete Guide to Tatting Illustrated" was
published after the war, in the early 1950's.

Incidentally, I've been able to contact Sylvia at Hornsbys
in the UK by email successfully - Sylvia says her fax at
the moment seems to be able to send, but not receive!

Thank you those who contacted me privately about how to
get in touch with her.

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/