I was embarrassed to see my typo "Potbelly" instead of Portobello, wonder where
my mind was when I typed it.  Pays to always read before you hit Send.  I was
actually thinking of Petticoat Lane, which I thought was antiques, so I
appreciate the post from Sue that it is mainly a food market.  Saves a trip
there.  We arrive in London on Saturday morning and have booked a champagne
dinner package including a trip on the BA Eye in the evening as it will be our
39th wedding anniversary.  Did think about going to the theatre but have
visions of us both snoring away before the second act.

I checked out Portobello Road on the web and see that there are three
lace/fabric dealers there so maybe I can get DH to go there before we go to
dinner.  I will check out the other web sites sent by Liz and others as I have
to fill my time on Monday.  The V&A lace exhibit is still closed and the fan
museum does not open on Mondays.  Last time I was at Covent Garden I heard the
musicians for about 2 minutes, they stopped, packed up, and a girl came around
collecting cash.  I chucked in some change and she was very rude to me!
Thought it should have been more but I stood my ground. I may have another
American with me on Monday so might have to do some of the usual tourist stuff.
 At least this trip I will be able to buy my wine gums which I missed getting
last month on my return trip from France.  Usually I stock up as the ones I can
get round here are terrible.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA