On Jun 19, 2005, at 5:26, Brenda Paternoster wrote:

Sorry to post this via the group again, but I am still unable to post to AOL, also verizon.net and frontier.net.

The technical guy at orpheus/appleshack assures me it's because they have set their spam filters too high and so legitimate messages posted to their customers are being rejected.

Yesterday (or maybe the day before?) your message (to lace) - about Edition 3 of Threads for Lace - got stopped by my ISP, and I had to go to their website to retrieve it. It's the first time that's happened, since I also subscribe, via the ISP, to Postini (a virus and spam filter).

I've long believed that some messages get rejected/tagged as spam because of the subject line. During the period when every second spam message wanted to sell me a Rolex watch, my message to Dominique (in Paris), which had "rolled cords" as the subject line got rejected also. When I changed the subject line it was delivered.

A strong stance on junk mail is commendable, but not so good if it's rejecting bone fide messages.

Which is why I like my ISP-cum-Postini much better; both let *me* decide whether to zap the message (and its sender) or to accept it. I can then designate the sender's address as as "acceptable", and no more problems (one hopes <g>)...

And Anne, in Austin, Texas wrote:

I ran into problems sending to AOL addresses in another group. The tech I talked with said it was because I had a business card attachment. Just a few days earlier I had no problems with sending to AOL. It coincided with AOL's decision to start attaching ads, etc., to emails. It could be that the unsubscribe tag is causing the bounces. AOL members are only allowed to
send to a maximum of 10 people if even 1 of the addresses is to a Yahoo
address.  This went into effect at the same time.

Cheese, Louise... Why would anyone want to stay with AOL then? It's not as if they're a free service, and if they're gonna add ads to emails and, at the same time, act like a robber baron monopoly (barring free services like yahoo)...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/