I am quite behind on my emails but I thought I would
put in a plug for Greg  Brown (not the musician, the
muralist who is related to me by mariage) who has
painted public trompe-l'oeuil murals in Palo Alto as
well as in other private and public spaces.  If you
even make it to that part of the world, it is worth
keeping an eye out for them.  The Palo Alto murals can
be seen here:

http://www.anigami.com/tour.html

One of the fun things is that he uses friends and
relatives as subjects and it is wonderful to see
people I know frozen in time.

When my cousin's kids were small she had a kitchen
table with M&M's painted on it.  It drove the todler
crazy (over and over and over he would reach out an
try and pick them up).

Nicole
in Guilderland NY
where it continues hot and sticky