At 02:07 AM 6/28/2005, you wrote:
Fellow spiders, please advise:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8196114216

Am I selling a postcard or a piece of lace?

The title clearly says postcard. I had no trouble knowing it was a postcard, but the picture does show the lace very clearly and looks like it might be the actual lace. To pound home the point that it is a picture, I would suggest starting the description with: Post card - photograph of The Downton Daisy,.......etc. This might idiot-proof the description.

Your postcard looks clear enough to use to draft a pattern. I find it interesting how the double gimp along the headside divides at the honeycomb diamond and goes around both sides, then back together. By chance, is this pattern in the Downton Lace Book? I don't have the book on my shelf to check.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- where I don't see the sun but it's supposed to come out.