i'm about to cheat altogether and just twist the thread 6 or 10 times
which ever brings me the most correct size loop and then half stitch
them in and continue with my plait.  i'll have to see what that looks
like.  i did about 1 and a half more inches and about 10 more picots,
and they look like they are supposed to, but i know the minute i wash
the lace the picots are going to stretch out and look like a big sloppy
strand of thread that went haywire.

two of my double sided picots are messed up on this pattern already.  i
have made by plait so tight that nothing could move in it, and still
one of the double picots fluffed out.  so , i'll have to go to cheating
and just twist them. who is going to know?  there isn't a lace police,
and it is just a book mark!

from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.