Susan wrote:

<you are a smaller country but not by much, so your cities must be large
all through europe. >

Populations of two of the larger cities in England are Birmingham 1 million, Manchester 2.5 million. I have no idea what the population of towns and cities of countries on mainland Europe are.

The US has a much larger land mass than the UK, and very large areas which aren't populated. During the last world war, the UK's cities were bombed extensively because they are relatively close together.. The Japanese tried bombing the western side of the US, but failed because, with citires and towns being so far apart, the bombs they dropped by parachute landed mostly in desert so you didn't noticed you'd been attacked.

Whether we're part of Europe is debatable - I'm English first, British second and European never. The people of the UK are divided on whether we want to be part of the European Union or not - I'm in the not camp.

Jean in Poole.