One year my oldest daughter was in a portable classroom at her school. It had indoor-outdoor carpeting throughout. When it was rainy or snowy, all the wet shoes and boots wetted the carpet - and the whole place was so moldy that I told them if her class was in it the next year, she would be going to a different school. All my kids and I are very allergic to mold - it's horrible to have it around all the time.