i have a seagull story that isn't so nice.  i think the birds are
beautiful, but a little agressive.

i was walking to catch the bus in norfolk virginia about 7 months ago
at one of mall areas.  i can't remember which one, but there is a
mcdonalds sitting off to the right that i went to for some fries to eat
while i was waiting.  i started walking towards the bus stop and pulled
my red french fry box out and started eating the fries when a few of
them swooped down on me.  i laughed and thought "oh, just silly
birds!", then i walked a few more steps and they started dive bombing
me.  i tried to run, but it was imposible to outrun about 25 birds.  as
i was running i put my red french fry container in the white mcdonald's
bag and they went away.

 i went home and told my uncle what happened and he said he never had
that experience with them and thought they were such nice birds.  we
also had a big discussion of what kind of bird they really were since i
had never seen such wierd looking seagulls. i have never seen them with
the gray and white coloring.  i looked them up in a bird watching book
that describes their habits and environment and found that he was
correct.  they were seagulls, and i also found out the color red
triggers their eating habits.  it comes from when they are young and
feeding from their mother's bill.

moral of the story: do not eat out of red containers while waiting for
a bus in norfolk virginia.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here in Utah, the Seagull is our State Bird, even though the only sea
> in
> sight is now a salt lake. I'll save the story of how the seagulls
> saved the Mormon
> pioneers from the crickets for another day. But maybe you'd like this
> little
> story....
>
> A little boy and his mum were walking along the seashore, when they
> came upon
> a dead seagull lying on the beach. The little boy asked his mum what
> was
> wrong with the bird. She told him, "That poor seagull died, and went
> to heaven to
> be with God." The little boy thought about this for a minute, then
> asked his
> mum, "Why did God throw it back down?"
>
> Ricki
> Utah USA
>
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the
> line:
> unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.