Hello All,

I had a very big day yesterday. I put DD1 on a flight for the US. It was very
hard to watch her leave knowing that it will be over 4 months before we see
her again. It's the first time anyone in our family has travelled overseas. I
know a lot of you have travelled and your children live in other countries but
it is all new for us, kind of like a new chapter in our lives. I am really
excited for her, but a little empty inside knowing she won't be around for a
while.

On a different note; Eats Shoots and Leaves, which has been the subject of
much discussion on lace chat is on a list of 50 great reads released by the
Australian government. A project aimed to increase adult reading levels.The
government has realised that when adult literacy levels rise child literacy
levels also rise. Kind of a 'win, win' effect. You can see the site at
www.booksalive.com.au

Cheers, Yvonne.