At 08:22 AM 8/2/05 +0100, Jean Nathan wrote:

> My friends and I used to buy two identical pairs of pantyhose.

Since the early pantyhose were even more uncomfortable than garter belts, and
were quite expensive, I only bought one pair in the sixties.  I don't recall
when I gave them another chance, but by then I'd stopped working in hose, so a
pair lasts me forever.  I don't even wear hose to church these days -- I wear
long pants or a floor-length skirt.  I wore nylon knee socks a few times last
year, but this year I've worn wool crew socks and been careful how I sit!

I might wear hose more often if you could still buy the opaque rayon hose
grandmothers used to wear.

--
Joy Beeson
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/