At 08:26 AM 8/2/05 +0100, Jean Nathan wrote:

> With houses in the UK being quite small, once a mother has got used to the
> idea that her offspring has flown the nest, she's usually very happy to
> finally have a sewing/lace/craft room and let the offspring sleep on a camp
> bed when he/she returns home for a while.

When I came home from college, I'd been crowded out of the house altogether!

Mom probably would have made my sister move over, were it not that I came only
in the summer, and we still had the house trailer we used to go to Florida in.
(At Christmas and Thanksgiving, it was really handy to have a whole extra
kitchen.)

--
Joy Beeson
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/