Joy wrote:

<I don't even wear hose to church these days -- I wear long pants or a floor-length skirt. I wore nylon knee socks a few times last year, but this year I've worn wool crew socks and been careful how I sit!>

My choice of footwear (an imposed choice between two) is either hospital-made shoes or trainers - I choose trainers - with extra padding to the sole added by the hospital. My legs swell, and don't look good, so they're covered by trousers always (my legs haven't seen daylight in 11 years), and I wear cotton trainer socks which finish level with the top of the trainers, because they cause the least amount of interference with circulation and are cool in summer.

I used to wear a skirt with bright red trainers (if you have no choice, flaunt them), but now I find trousers most comfortable both physically and psychologically. And yes, they do have an elesticated waist - sign of getting old when comfort takes precedent over everything.

What I used to suffer for the sake of fashion!!!!!!!

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK