>On  my recent trip to Fiji I got some more Indian recipes from Roshlyn -
>the wife of my friend Pravin, with whom I stay over there. Here they are
>for your enjoyment,
>David in Ballarat
Ah, the Indian spice aromas of the Fiji markets.   I lived in
Lautoka once, David, and got to enjoy the locally available
ingredients.   Did you ever get to eat pulisami, made with
taro leaves, real coconut cream fresh out of the coconut
with a trace of chili, rolled into parcels and baked?

I have had a Fijian friend (actually from Rotuma) stop with
us recently, and he brought me a big stack of rotis made
with Indian flour and almost dripping with unsalted butter,
made by his sister now living in Sydney. They're all gone now!

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/