BrambleLane writes: I would be interested in knowing
why it is considered cruelty to animals.

Lynn Carpenter writes: I think that must be the point when cocoons for
reeling are put in boiling water, killing the caterpillars before they chew
their way out.

Silly of me...!  I keep forgetting that part, since I don't do it myself!

And, Ricki, I haven't reeled any yet, well, I did some a few years ago that
is now a tangles mass.  But, yes, I probably would make lace of some.  I'll
probably knit some lace if I ever spin enough.  It's that 'spare time'
thing, you know?

Margaret in PA

On The Wing
Mailing Services