Hornsby UK definitely still sell their wonderful plastic bobbins,
I buy them in batches of 100 for 15 Pounds Sterling to keep on
hand for my beginners, and I have many in use - when on the
pillow, they really do seem the same weight and are the same
size as my other midlands - bought another batch of the black
(which do look like ebony on the pillow) only a few weeks ago.

I too use fingernail transfers to decorate bobbins, and cover
them with either clear nail polish or folk art varnish.

And what could be more gruesome than a bobbin commemorating
a hanging?   Something greatly sought by collectors!

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/