On Sep 9, 2005, at 20:47, Martha Krieg wrote:

Oh come on, Tamara! I regularly park at the FAR end of the parking lot, and was really upset when JoAnn Fabrics moved so that instead of walking 10 minutes, I had to drive to it.

Could that be - do you think - why you and I find so many things in common and like one another despite ocassional differences? <g>

We used to ride our bicycles 5 or 7 miles to work

Now that one... I approve of, *theoretically*, and am very happy that my son parks his car and bikes to work as well as doing the "bike for breath" fundriser rides for the American Lung Association (for all they want to deprive me of my smoking priviledges). But... In practice? My blunt and unvarnished opinion? It's like horse riding (and I never tried it side-saddle, so that's not what I'm talking about)... "Frankly, my dear".... I can think of better ways of getting my thighs and other - unmentionable in public - parts sore. I'd as soon walk. Or drive, if there's no bus to be "took", as there isn't in the piddly-de-doo Lex Vegas/Lextropolis... It may only be 5 miles to the nearest grocery store, but I ain't riding a bike to do the shopping (I was gonna say "I'll be d...d if I ride a bike to shop" but then realised that I'll be d...d anyway, for other reasons <g>)
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/