Hi All --

In a message dated 9/10/2005 1:12:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In the first few days, when the National Guard arrived, one of their
officers said that there were parts of the city they were afraid to go
because of armed looters.
I was shocked last weekend to see a live report from New Orleans, right after
things were finally being taken in hand by a massive influx of military
forcves, when the reporter was standing on a freeway overpass, and pointed out
single light burning in the night in the city below. I thought they were
probably working on restoring power, or the pumps or something, but no. He said
they
were busy building -- a jail!
This was after the reports had been they were intending to totally evacuate
the city.
What's up with that?

The authorities were stating yesterday that people were not being forcibly
removed from the city in handcuffs, but the live reports showed a different
story.

The rest of the world is quite appalled at the way this disaster has been
handled by what is supposed to be the most powerful nation in the world -
the tsunami victims were helped faster and treated more humanely than those
I keep waiting for someone to bring up that old story, "The Emporer Has No
Clothes."

Regards,
Ricky