>"adjectives of one or two syllables took on the -er ending in
>comparative case"

doesn't apply here. The root word 'weasel' is a descriptive noun
pertaining to, erm, shall we say, the subject in question (not wishing
to cast aspersions on insurances agents particularly - all subsets of
commerce seem to have their share of 'weasels'). 'Weasely' is a made-up
adjective - 'more weasely'  carries more emphasis - and it sounds better.
So it is clearly an invention, we could spell it 'weasel-y' - if we
wanted...  ;)

Hmm...I like weaslier.  I work with lots of weasels, each of them weaslier
than the last.

Margaret Holsinger
On The Wing
Mailing Services