I remember when I lived in England, the things we considered antique were not considered antique by the English at all! I guess being raised where the local tea shop was a home built in the 1500's would produce that kind of attitude. I wonder if the standards are the same for the US and Europe now?

Our standard in the US is that it has to be 100 years old or more. I also read that it was anything made before 1840 or 1830 because at that time "things began to be mass produced". However, if you are talking about automobiles, the "antique" label is for vehicles older than 20 years. (I suppose if you are thinking of purchasing an "antique" license plate for the car). I also read that for rugs, the age is 60 years.
Debbie in Florida