--- Pauline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I guess everyone must be busy making lace in all
> it's forms for Christmas,  as the list is so quiet,
> so what lace is everyone  busy making at the moment

Yes, I noticed it's quiet.  There usually is a quiet
period at the end of December, but this is a bit early
for it to start.  Isn't it about NEC time in England?

The past three weeks I've concentrated on Christmas
lace.  I'll finish this week, I think. It's been
mainly small ornaments.  I've been trying some new
threads, and different patterns. Then I need to go
back to various chores preparing for the PNW Lace
Conference next June.  When the conference projects
are done, there's several UFO's waiting for me.
Projects from the last three classes I took are still
waiting to be finished.  I could use those pillows for
something else.  Gee, I even had to cover a new pillow
to do my ornaments on.

Another chore is reviewing and revising the county
fair exhibit catagories and classes for next year.  I
think I'll be Home Arts Superintendent again.  I need
to get that confirmed, also, and get a judge lined up.

And on the home front, right now I need to review my
Christmas plans/gifts/responsibilities.  The stores
are starting to put their items on sale, and I can
save some money if I know what I need and watch for it
on a sale.

My church has requested that I get it another vacuum
cleaner. I'll be watching for a good sale during the
next week or so.  (I'm one of their volunteer
purchasing people.)

This week the weather is chilly but sunny.  It's
supposed to last that way at least until next week, so
the Santa parade on Friday should be dry.

So, what is the rest of the world doing while the US
people prepare for Thanksgiving Day on Thursday? (I'm
taking the lazy way this year and buying our dinner
items already cooked.  I just have to warm it, and add
a few trimmings.  We'll get at least four meals out of
it, and left over turkey in the freezer.  It's less
time in the kitchen and more time with DH or making
lace.)

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon
(new email -- [EMAIL PROTECTED])