Here is a repeat of the invitation to join the new round of Secret Pals;
February - July 2006.  Please not the alteration to rule number 6.

The new round of Exchanges will start in February 2006. Please send your
applications to me by Friday 13th January - good or bad omen!.  I will
work on the pairings over that weekend.  In previous rounds a large
majority of people have asked for overseas pals and it has been difficult, even within USA, to pair people with a new same country pal, so again this
time the same country option is not available, you will almost certainly
get someone from abroad.

EXPLANATION

For the newbies, a Secret Pal is a person you send gifts to anonymously
for five months, then reveal your name with the sixth package. You would
be receiving gifts from a different person than the one you send to. The
thank you's for received gifts are to be posted to Lace-Chat (or to me to
forward to your pal).

The gifts are supposed to be tokens of friendship, not expensive items.
10GBP is the suggested amount to spend each month. Favourite things to send are sweets/candy, chocolate, tea, bobbins, thread, regional specialties, pin cushions, small pieces of lace or bookmarks, patterns, notecards, toiletries etc. It's also nice to include something about the area in which you live, pictures of your lace and in the final package maybe a photo of yourself.
Anything you like will probably be liked by your Secret Pal.

SECRET PAL ADMINISTRATOR

I am Brenda Paternoster from Kent, England and it's my fourth and final time
as Secret Pal co-ordinator.

APPLICATION

Arachnians who wish to participate should apply by Friday 13th January 2006. I will try to have all the secret pal assignments finalised by the end of
January so that the packages have time to be assembled.  They should be
mailed by 5th February.

This exchange will run from February 2006 until July 2006 when you will
reveal your identity.  This is a SIX-MONTH COMMITMENT.

To apply, send an email message to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  with the
following information:

1. Your name

2. Email address

3. Complete mailing address

4. Affirmation of the following statements:
_________I have read and understand the rules of participating.
_________I will mail my packages by the 5th of each month.
_________I will email a thank you message to Lace-chat within
         THREE DAYS of receiving each package.
_________I will notify the coordinator immediately if something will
         prevent mailing my package on time or if I have to withdraw.
_________I understand that I will be summarily removed from the round
         if I fail to fulfill my agreement.

5. Give a brief bio of yourself to assist your Pal in selecting items
for you - stage in life, family, pets, favourite activities, favourite
colours, types of lace you make or like, non-lace hobbies, pierced ears or not, food allergies or diet restrictions (no nuts, sugar, chocolate, etc), preferred bobbin styles if you do BL, and anything else you wish to share. The more info you give about yourself the easier it will be for your secret
pal to choose goodies for you.

6. Please tell me the names of people with whom you have already been paired
with in previous rounds of secret pal exchanges.

RULES

1. Please be prompt in mailing each month so that your secret pal gets the
package by the 15th of the intended month.  It is depressing to expect a
package and not get one.  If you must be late, email me
[EMAIL PROTECTED] before the mailing deadline so your special pal
can be notified.

2. Include a real, usable return address, not your own. Mine will be fine
for UK use. Other countries please find a friend who will let you use
his/hers. All packages need a return address in case of delivery problems.
Packages sent abroad should bear the necessary customs declaration.

3. When the package arrives, as soon as possible post a brief note to
LACE-CHAT (not Lace!!!) to say Thank You. This lets your sending pal know that it was safely received. It's not necessary to write a long message--
just acknowledge the package.  You can send your thank you messages to
lace-chat@arachne.com even if you don't take chat. alternatively you may send a message to the co-ordinator at [EMAIL PROTECTED] to forward
to your pal.

4. Pack carefully. A padded bag may not protect a fragile item.  Liquids
aren't good in containers going overseas, and are not recommended in any
package. UK's Royal Mail states that anything "resembling a powder" is best
avoided or at least double wrapped.

5. If you have not received a package by the 20th, tell the administrator so she can find out what has happened. Secret Pals exchanges are a SIX MONTH COMMITTMENT. If you are unable to continue for any reason please contact me and I will assign your pal to someone else so that he/she will not be left out. Anyone who's package fails to arrive for two consecutive months will
be dropped from the exchanges and the receiving pal re-assigned.

6. Please be aware of any restrictions your country's postal service may impose (some do not like letters included in parcels). Also be aware that whilst western Europe, north America, Australia & NZ have reliable postal services not all countries do; at least one package from the last round failed to arrive at its destination having been posted in an exotic Asian holiday
location.

7. Enjoy!!  It's fun to receive mystery packages, and to send them.

Brenda Paternoster in Kent England
Arachne Secret pal administrator
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/