When teaching IT to 11-16 year year-olds, I used to have to go through the custom dictionary (where you put words you want in the spell checker that aren't already there) and remove all the wrong spelling. The students were so convinced that their spelling was right that they put any word the spell checker flagged into the dictionary. The most frequent ones I had to remove were bungolow, thier, Febuary and comit(ment). There were obviously others, as I stopped teaching in 1997, but they're the ones that stick in my mind.

Jean in Poole, Dorset,UK