On 22 Feb 2006, at 08:57, Erica and Ian McLeod wrote:

Could someone who is familiar with English historical children's dress please help me? I wanting to dress a boy doll in clothes appropriate to 19th century farm wear, and am planning to make a smock for him. I know that he should wear boots (and socks?), but what sort of trousers would he wear, please?

Hello Erica

here are three websites that might help you.

http://www.ruralhistory.org/interface/public/countrypeople/ farmersworkers/farmersworkers_costume.html http://www.manchestergalleries.org/costume/narrative.php? irn=160&themeback=1&CostumeTheme=Clothes%20for%20Work
http://www.victorianweb.org/art/costume/country/1.html

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/