Of the "3 thoughts" only #2 is new to me... That is, it's new to me *as a joke*; it certainly has been the truth in US for the past 4 yrs :)

And I adore the 10 Commandments joke, which came to me "advertised" as "an equal opportunity offender" :) The only regret I have about that one is that, being a "dyed in the wool" atheist, I don't know what the other 6 Commandments are, and *who else* could be offended in that single swipe... Surely, there's room for more racist statements??? <g>

From: M.W.
Subject: 3 Thoughts

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 degrees C.
The Russians used a pencil.
Your taxes are due again - enjoy paying them.
           ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq.
Why don't we just give them ours?
It was written by a lot of really smart guys,
And it's worked for over 200 years.
And, we're not using it anymore.
         ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse is that you cannot post
"Thou Shalt Not Steal",
Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery"
and
"Thou Shalt Not Lie"
in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians.  It creates a hostile work environment.

=======================================

From: D.K.
Subject: 10 Commandments

God went to the Arabs and said,
"I have Commandments for you that will make your lives better."
The Arabs asked,  "What are Commandments?"
And the Lord said,  "They are rules for living."
"Can you give us an example?"
"Thou shall not kill."
"Not kill? We're not interested."

So He went to the Blacks and said, "I have Commandments."
The Blacks wanted an example, and the Lord said,
"Honor thy Father and Mother."
"Father?   We don't know who our fathers are.  We're not interested."

Then He went to the Mexicans and said,  "I have Commandments."
The Mexicans also wanted an example, and the Lord said "Thou shall not steal."
"Not steal?   We're not interested."

Then He went to the French and said, "I have Commandments."
The French too wanted an example and the Lord said, "Thou shall not commit adultery."
"Not commit adultery?  We're not interested."

Finally, He went to the Jews and said, "I have Commandments."
"Commandments?" They said,  "How much are they?"
"They're free."
"We'll take 10."