Many thanks to all those who offered solutions. You'll be glad to hear that
finally Swarfega has won! I rubbed a load into each stain and left for a
couple of hours then did a hottish wash with Ariel and one leg has cleared
completely with just a couple of patches left on the other leg. This I can
live with and will retreat at the next wash to try and clear those. What a
relief! Now I have to sort out the blue jeans that have acquired stains (-
don't ask!) and I'll be trousered for a while!

Now perhaps I can get on with the Milanese Madonna and Child for a friend
who is celebrating her Golden Jubilee of taking her vows as a nun. I have
till July but I need a time scale to push me into getting on with it!

Thanks again - I knew I'd get help from 'the gang' on Arachne. I really
don't know what I'd do without my daily read. After all I've been a member
since at least 1996 so it's part of my life!

Lynne.

 Lynne Cumming
 Baldock, North Herts, UK
 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."