I did think about it and came to the same conclusion as you. I was going to post
it but you beat me to it. ;-) Also, I did an extremely easy Sudoku today while
in the middle of cooking and realised that knowing that numbers split up (2 go
one way and the third goes the other way) does not help in solving the puzzle.

going offline for the last day of Passover....

Avital