Okay, "shotgun" seems to be far more widespread than I thought. It's not just the uni canoe club! Other people at my uni (Bath) use it and I've just received a text from a friend who went to Southampton with shotgun in it. I was asking about floor space when I visit at the weekend and was told "...sofas are on a shotgun basis..." :o)

Oh, thanks for the flight suggestions last week. It felt as though every budget company I found only flew out there in the ski season which I knew couldn't be true!

Helen

Helen, Somerset, UK

"Forget the formulae, let's make lace"