Thank you, Martha, for the url to your DH's web-page.

I've always like to read out loud, also. My youngest son will turn 14 in August & he still likes me to read out loud to him - it is our special time together before bed time. He actually thought that when he learned to read, that I would stop reading to him. But I told him that I'll keep reading to him as long as he wants me to, because I like to read out loud to him.

My eldest son recommended Terry Pratchet's books to me & I've read a few out loud. They are great for doing different voices for the different characters. We are currently reading the 2nd book in "The Nomes" triology ('Truckers', 'Diggers' & 'Wings') which are ideal for younger children.

Thanks again,
Pene