This came to me from my sister, so don't blame me!

*Why don’t you go fishing?*

A young man moves from the country to London.

He decides to look for a job in a large department store.

“Do you have any experience in sales?” asks the manager.

“Certainly”, says the young man, “in my village I sold cows in the cattle market”.

The manager likes the young man and decides to offer him a job.

“You can start tomorrow, and at the end of the day I’ll come and see how you got on.”

The first day was hard, and at the end of the day the young man is knackered.

The manager comes up to him and asks how it went.

“Well, not too bad”, says the young man.

“How many sales did you have?” asks the manager.

“One”, says the young man.

“One?” says the manager puzzled, “most sales persons have 20-30 a day.

“So how much money are we talking here?”

“£89, 431.27”, says the young man.

The manager does not know what to think: “What did you sell him?”

“Well, firstly, I sold him a small fish hook, than a medium one, and finally a large one.

Then I sold him a complete fishing kit, and asked him where he wanted to go fishing.

The man answered that he fancied sea fishing, so I asked him whether a small boat might not come in handy and sold him that Twin Engine Power Craft plus trailer from the fourth floor. The man then commented that his Fiat Uno would probably not be capable of pulling that boat and so I sold him the 4x4 Landcruiser.

The manager listens in amazement and says: “So you are telling me that a man came into the store to buy a small fish hook and you sold him a boat and a car?”

“No”, says the young man, “he came in to buy a box of tampons for his wife. So I said to him: “Well, that’s your weekend gone, why don’t you go fishing?”

Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK
Bobbin Maker - will ship worldwide