On Jun 4, 2006, at 16:46, Dearl Kniskern wrote:

a town in Hungary in the fall for her senior year
the name of the town is Kecskern and all of us over here in the old usa want to know how to pronounce it

As far as I can remember the little bit of Hungarian I ever learnt and its pronounciation rules it should be:
ketch-kern
"Ketch" as in the boat of that type and "kern" as in the beginning of "kernel".

Yours, just back from gallivanting in California. Came home last night like an aged Cinderella: at midnight and with one shoe off. My hand luggage -- twice as heavy on the return trip as it had beeen on the way out -- slid off my shoulder while I was walking down the staircase to collect my checked-in luggage, pulled me after it and I got a twisted ankle which looks like a semi-inflated ballon. So I've been catching up with the e-mail with that foot resting on the bolster pillow a friend gave me. It's not quite large enough (in diameter) either as a lace pillow or as a foot rest, but, waste not... :)
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/