  Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:06:48 +0100
  From: "Jean Nathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Subject: [lace-chat] UK postal charges

  Thought this was relevant to both lists in case some of you are on one but
  not the other.

  Just been to the post office to post a packet to Australia. A notice has
  just been put up, a gizmo placed on the counter for measuring letters and
  the scales now only show weight. From 18th August the Royal Mail will be
  charging postage by size as well as weight. The notice says small letter,
  large letter and packet.