Hi,

I know that several of you enjoy genealogy so I am asking for some advice.

Since I became unemployed I have been busy building my family tree on
genesreunited and I have a lot of information already (I had some good data to
start with).  However, I am reaching the point where I really need to start
looking at records that are only available to subscribers or for credits (ie it
needs me to spend money!)  I am mostly looking at information in the UK but
occasionally it strays off to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA (and
possibly elsewhere as well that I haven't identified).  What I need advice on
is which do you think is the best site to subscribe to?  The main options I am
aware of are Ancestry.co.uk and thegenealogist.co.uk.  Which offers best value?
 My current thought is the latter but I really don't know, and maybe there are
other sites as well?  I would probably be doing a high number of searches
(several common surnames!) so credits would add up considerably, I think it
needs to be a 'you have access to everything' type of subscription
 .  Opinions please :-)

Thanks in advance,

Helen (in Vancouver, BC on the west coast of mainland Canada where, after a
night of high winds and rain, the sun is shining and I can look out to blue
skies)