Around Nottingham, mushy peas are often eaten with mint sauce. There is a stall on the Nottingham market that sells hot mushy peas, and people stand and eat them at the stall.

Mint sauce is made from finely chopped mint, sugar and vinegar (we like a mixture of balsamic and cider vinegar, but some people use malt vinegar) It is usually eaten with lamb (and mushy peas where I live)

Edith
North Nottinghamshire