I have just bought some raw wood bobbins from the USA, previously all my
bobbins have been bought in Australia, and have been plastic. Do I need to
seal these wooden bobbins with anything before spangling them? I wanted to
find out before starting in with the beads and wire, as spangling is not
something I enjoy enough to do twice, especially on about 4 dozen bobbins.

Hoping someone here can help me.

Also does anyone know of any other male lace makers?
Thanks
Simon Maynard