I have trouble in bed at times with my hips and knees aching.
I had thought of the memory foam mattresses but wondered how they
would be when I have a hot flash.  As it is I am pushing the
covers down and my DH is pulling them up.  Sitting in a chair
I have to remove or reverse a pillow that is behind me as
I warm up too much these days.  How do other gals with power
surges make out with the memory foam beds?  I love to get into
a cold bed.
Janice

<We changed to a memory foam mattress this past winter. Not the
 tempurpedic, it's a copy by Serta. We also found it too firm and slow to mold,
 so I bought a mattress topper, also memory foam from Sears. It's softer
 and between the two, we sleep much better. I also noticed that it
 seems to hold the ambient room temperature, so it's cold for too long in
 the winter. Even though the salesman said that electric blankets should
 not be used, we use an electric mattress pad to preheat the bed in the
 winter, then turn it off, since the bed holds the warmth. With our old
 bed, we kept the mattress pad on all night. DH's bad and knees feel
 better as does mine, as long as I don't sleep on my stomach.

Cherry Knobloch>

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/