I agree.  You can taste it right away if too much was used, and cake yeast
makes for a mellower yeast taste and better hand/crumb/loftiness. I was always
taught that it is a mark of a good baker to use less and allow more time for
sufficient proofing.
Of course yeast is akin to candida, which is an unnamed culprit for many health
concerns, which can be googled on the 'net.  HTH, Susan Reishus

Martha Krieg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [lace-chat] instant yeast

Only with care. Too much and it tastes funny.