Hello Thurlow and all,

I've already replied to Kate privately about our cats but when I saw your cats' names I had to comment. We have three, ostensibly one each, (myself and my two children) but in reality they are all mine. (In that they know to come to me for food, water, etc.)

The first and oldest is Koochka, which is the Russian word for cat. I call her Mooch and my terms of endearment for her, which get her purring and looking at me adoringly are - 'silliness, nonsense, dope, fluff'. It's a good thing she doesn't have a dictionary. She sleeps in my inbox on my desk - barely fits into it. Mooch is grey and white.

The next oldest is Fitzwilliam McFuzzles III. We call him Fitz. (He's also the first Fitzwilliam McFuzzles!) He has his own online resume that I made a couple of years ago for a web design class. http://members.shaw.ca/hmuth/resume.htm I'm afraid that Fitz isn't the brightest cat. He's more of a himbo - very good -looking but dumb as a fence post.

Our youngest cat (only 2 1/2) is Senor Pedro el Gato, (Lord Peter the Cat) the Spanish ambassador to the Asias. We call him Pedro. We discovered he was an ambassador when we had Japanese and Korean homestay students. He made it his responsibility to help them settle in and not be homesick. Pedro is black and purrs at the slightest provocation.

Our other pet is Admiral Reginald of the British Navy. The Admiral is a hedgehog whom we refer to lightly as Reggie. He and Pedro get along well. When Reggie is trucking about the floor, Pedro sits nearby and keeps an eye on him. Reggie barely bothers to 'huff' anymore when Pedro sniffs at him.

Heather
Abbotsford, BC
Where there is no school today (for me) because of snow.