Thanks to Avital and all who responded to my question! I'm finally catching up
on my email here, so I apologize for the delay. That website is wonderful, and
it will help me negotiate with my mandoline....

I really really appreciate this! When I have time, I'll approach it step by
step, and no doubt be able to get some nice sliced veggies, without sliced
fingers mixed in!? :>))

Best regards,

Ricki in Utah (where we've got the occasional snowflakes falling -- again? --
and bit of an early spring breeze!)