We're born the wrong way round!!!!!

When we're fit enough to do things, we haven't got the money. When we have the money, the body's disintegrating.
That's what I used to think myself about owning houses, rather than living in rented or low-income co-op housing: After being married for 18 years and having 3 children, we FINALLY got a house, which we have now paid off. I was convinced for about 15 of those years that I would never be able to have a house until the children were gone and we didn't really need it as much!

And the body does begin to do one in earlier than one hoped, doesn't it? (Though one can manage to damage oneself even earlier, temporarily: I had plantar fasciitis so badly when I was last in France that every time there was no one else in the Louvre gallery I was in, I sat down on the floor and cried!)