I've just remembered that not only have I used my ruffler for putting small pleats stitched into place on fabric, but I've also used it for pleating paper.

The first time I used it on paper was to make those garlands made of crepe paper that you twist and pin across/around the room for Christmas and other occasions. I wanted silver for a friends Silver wedding anniversary and couldn't find any to by. So I cut silver crepe paper into 4 inch widths and ran than through the ruffler.

Then I wanted white concertina paper for a project I was doing, but I can't remember now what it was. So I took the needle out of the machine and ran the paper through the ruffler. It not only wasn't it stitched, but it didn't have needle holes either. The pleats that were produced near the edge of the paper were sufficient to enable me to pleat the whole width neatly. This would also work on stiff fabric that would hold a pleat.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK