Have fun with it!!  I am thinking about making a scarf on a roller pillow as I
bought the scarf pattern at convention.  It is too wide for my block pillow,
but I am thinking of taking out all the blocks and replacing it with a roller
placed the long way in the space.  If it is not quite long enough for the empty
space, I can use the smaller blocks at the end.  The roller will be made from a
camping sleeping mattress bought last year at a sporting goods store.  Someone
recommended them as the foam is sturdy and will hold up to pins.  I will make a
drawstring bag cover for it, or being rather lazy, I might just pin fabric in
place around the roller.

If you have to cover your blocks, do not wrap them tightly as this might cause
gaps between the blocks.  Wrap them snugly but loose enough that they keep
their shape.  If you do have a small gap between blocks where your pins might
land, I place a piece of grosgraine (thick) ribbon over the gap to give the
pins something else to go into besides the pricking and space.  Works for me.

Janice

Nancy Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I would just like to thank everyone
for the input for this question of mine.
I have just bought a nine piece block pillow with a roller insert so am set up
now.  Just don't know what to do with it though...........

Nancy

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/