Dear Friends,

You could consider Pumpkin Soup. You would have to roast the pumpkin first, then make the soup. Search Pumpkin Soup Recipe to get several versions. I found one but my computer won't let me copy the address and print it in this email.

Here is the best Pumpkin Soup recipe sent to us by Julie in 1997:-

One of my family's favorite fall dishes is Pumpkin Soup in a Pumpkin. The hard
part can be finding appropriate pumpkins after Halloween.

Cut a lid from and hollow out a pumpkin (8 to 10 pounds is a good size.)
Inside the pumpkin, layer toasted bread (any kind of bread seems to work as
long as it's good bread) with grated gruyere or other swiss cheese and sauteed
chopped onion. I usually fill the pumpkin about 3/4 full. Sprinkle on a little
nutmeg. Pour in scalded milk or cream, or half chicken broth and half milk or
cream, to within an inch or so of the lid. Top with a bay leaf, and bake in
the oven until the pumpkin is tender. It's safest to put it in a deep pan,
just in case it springs a leak. Serve by scooping the pumpkin flesh with the
filling and broth.

I have also found that the tiny pumpkins often sold as decorations are
outstandingly delicious! I steam them, cut lids, scoop out the seeds, and bake
them with a ricotta custard or apple/raisin/sausage filling. Their flesh is
creamier and more flavorful than pie pumpkin.

Love, Julie

via David in Ballarat