From: Elizabeth Ligeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [lace-chat] Cornish pasties
To: lace-chat@arachne.com
Date: Monday, November 10, 2008, 9:03 PM

 They had the meat at one end and the apple at the other,

Goodness, I did not know the Cornish Pasties were like that.  They sound
similar to a Bedfordshire Clanger - pork at one end and Jam at the other -
rolled in suet pudding!!

Much more classy, they say, than the Bucks Clanger - which was only the pork
meat all through.!!  The Beds workers thought they were better, as they had
main meal and Afters in their Clangers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))  :))

Apologies to Bucks folks!!   I was brought up in Bletchley, Bucks, and went
school, and worked in Bedford - so I have a foot in each camp!!!!!!!! :))

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.