> Beautiful, but who are you going to sell them to? I understand that the
> first thing people cut down on in a recession is handmade greeting cards.

Just joking. We're about to undergo a wave of firings at my company,
so we're all coming up with worst case scenarios. At lunch today one
of my coworkers said he'd become a Playboy Magazine photographer and
the other said he would become a professional sperm donor (if you know
them, you'd see the absurdity....). If I wanted to sell my work,
however, I wouldn't sell greeting cards because they're simply not
very popular in Israel. There are fewer card-oriented holidays and so
many people have Internet, so it's much easier to send e-cards. But
people do pay good money for Judaica. It's not easy to break into that
market with so many talented artists out there, but it pays better
than greeting cards!

At the moment I like to pursue my hobbies as hobbies. Whenever people
say, "You should sell your
knitting/crochet/tatting/drawing/painting/whatever," I always say,
"But that would take all the fun out of it." After all those years in
grad school I don't want to end up in my very own sweatshop. ;-)

Avital