We saw Easter eggs out on display in our local Tescos last Thursday
morning (1 January)!  Never seen them this early.

Alison in very chilly Essex UK

>From my ISP's new pages

"Shoppers at a supermarket were stunned to see Easter eggs on sale -
four
days after Christmas.

The Sun reports customers burst out laughing as staff put out "Easter
Treats" displays of daffodils and chocolates on Monday.
Stephen Roland, 31, said: "I couldn't believe it. Selling Easter eggs
three
or four days after Christmas is ludicrous - particularly when Easter is
in
April next year."

Cadbury's Creme Eggs, Easter Chicks and chocolate bunnies were on sale
feet
away from cut-price Christmas crackers and wrapping paper at the Tesco
store
in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.

A Tesco spokesman said that their stores all over Britain will soon be
putting up their Easter displays."

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK

arachnemodera...@yahoo.com.