Liz and David wrote:

<>Whew!!! It is H.O.T. here - about 44ÂșC - well beyond a joke!!!!!!!!! And
Very strong winds.
They Say there will be a cool change arriving about 6 - 7pm -this evening. I
just hope they are right!!!!!!!!!

We got to 46C - all time record!
David>

Well kids under 10 who've lived all their lives in Poole have seen snow for the first time. Children, teenagers and adults who are still children have been very creative and built snow men, igloos, stegosaurus, armchairs.

We had a very light sprinkling about 10 years ago, which disappeared very quickly, but this has been horrible - schools closed, people trapped in their cars overnight in some areas, buses not running. Local authorities are running out of road salt and more is forecast - hopefully not in Poole.

Of course we aren't prepared for it because it doesn't happen very often, so it would be a complete waste to have resources for heavy snow.

Don't like it and stayed indoors - but then I don't like it hot either. 46C is unimaginable.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK