I went to a lace fair wearing odd shoes once!

It was an early start for the Ford's Christmas fair so still dark when I got up. I didn't want to disturb Terry more than necessary so found my shoes in a very dim light. I had two pairs of shoes which were very similar, one pair navy and one pair dark grey. I managed to get one from each pair! By the time I realised what had happened I was sitting on the coach half way to Birmingham.

The thing is that just a couple of weeks earlier a similar conversation had come up in class with one of my students saying about how she'd managed to go out wearing odd shoes!

Brenda